12 Positions for PhD students - VTT Graduate School Starts in Spring 2010
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland is an impartial and multitechnological R&D organisation that provides high-end technology solutions and innovation services. VTT promotes the development of industries and public services, the wellbeing of society, the health and safety of the environment, and improves the knowledge base for political decision-making. From its wide knowledge base, VTT can combine different technologies, create new innovations and a substantial range of world-class technologies and applied research services, thus improving sustainable development in the society and competitiveness and competence of industries world-wide.
VTT is launching an international graduate school in the beginning of 2010 to attract new, motivated researchers. We are looking for 12 new PhD students that are expected to contribute to development of our prominent technological competences.
PhD students participate in high level research work at VTT on selected strategically relevant topics within a collaborative project environment. PhD work is done for four consecutive years under professional scientific supervision by highly experienced and competent senior researchers. The PhD thesis should be finalized within the four-year period and fulfil high level scientific standards. The open positions are related to applied materials, bio and chemical processes, energy, information and communication technologies, and microtechnologies and electronics.
• a solid academic background with an MSc in relevant fields
• scientific ambition, motivation and strong interest in cutting-edge research
• team working skills in an international working environment
• inventiveness and initiative personality
• good analytical and problem solving skills
• excellent English language skills
We offer you
• an opportunity to contribute to the strategic capabilities of a world-class research organization
• outstanding PhD supervision by top research scientists of your field
• excellent prospects for personal development
• an innovative work community for aspiring researchers
• a work contract for 1 + 3 years
• assistance with housing and other relocation issues
Please apply before the 31st of December 2009. PhD positions can be started flexibly during spring 2010.
Apply to Graduate School positions
Vice President, Strategic Research
+358 20 722 5146
Senior Vice President, HR
+358 20 722 4075
+358 20 722 7030
Sumber : http://www.rumahbeasiswa.com/
Friday, December 04, 2009